Monday, March 10, 2008

Bike accident

I was so sad today to read about the fatal bike accident that occurred on Steven's Creek Canyon yesterday morning. We do that ride all the time, only missing yesterday because we were skiing. I love riding that road because I find that the cyclists and motorists are generally very courteous, with the exception of occasional yahoos in sports cars. It's a nice, quiet road with a good steady climb. My heart goes out to the families of Matt Peterson and Kristy Gough, and I'm sending as many good thoughts as possible toward Christopher Knapp - I hope he is able to recover from his injuries.

2 comments:

  1. the police officer must be devastated - dedicated his life to protecting people, then fell asleep at the wheel and killed and injured them instead. he will probably have a hard time recovering, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David - I'm sure you're right. It just seems so impossible, I'm sure he cannot even make sense of it in his own head.

    ReplyDelete